Review: Neutrogena Naturals Night Cream and Acne Spot Treatment

Hello again, everyone!
For the past 5 months I've been trying out two of the products from the Neutrogena Naturals line and I'm going to review them for you today.

The first thing I tried was the Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Night Cream. I have oily skin, but before using this cream my face was really dehydrated and even had some dry patches. I decided to pick this up because the price didn't seem to bad compared to other drugstore options (it was around $13 at Walmart). In addition, I liked the claims it made and the fact that it is mostly a natural product made this even more attractive. Anyway...after the first time I used this I already saw visible results. My dry patches disappeared in less than a week and my skin felt so soft! I've seen a lot of people complain about the odor of this product, but personally I love it. It absorbs really quickly into the skin, but it's thick enough to feel the moisture. 

Bottom line is that I really love this and I am kind of sad that I only have a few more uses out of it. I won't be repurchasing this right now because I bought the L'Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector day/night cream to shake things up and try something new, but I know what this is a product I can count on in the future. I recommend this product to anyone, especially if you have young skin and you really just want to keep it looking healthy and moisturized. 

The Acne Spot Treatment, however, is another story. With only 1% of salicylic acid, this product was not effective at all. I would use this to treat active breakouts and to prevent some for coming out but it wouldn't really do either one. It left a white residue once it dried out and left my skin feeling rough where I applied it. You would think that the fact that it is drying is good (after all that's what we want it to do to our spots) but it did nothing to them! I'm all in for natural products, but they have to be effective. This one is definitely a skip in my opinion!

P.S. I bought the store brand of the Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 Acne Medication and it works like a dream! It has 10% Benzoyl Peroxide so it's pretty strong (but effective). Good alternative if salicylic acid isn't working for you. 

Hope this was somewhat helpful to all of you. If you have experiences with these products or have any recommendations on what I should try next, leave them in the comments!

Gabriela xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment