Finding motivation and getting back in shape

Photo courtesy of JAMES LORD productions

New-Skin has set me the challenge of sharing what inspires and motivates me to stay healthy and maintain my fitness routine. Funny that they ask because since I came back from summer vacation (about a month ago), I have decided that this is it: this is the semester I get in shape. I've been doing really well changing up my nutrition and exercising at least four times a week.

But what keeps me going? Well, I am just so tired of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. I am pretty overweight so I find it really hard to accept myself when I strongly dislike what I look like. My goal every day is to be a bit more positive, to love myself a little bit more and being able to share my joy with the world. I have taken many steps towards that direction but I am still not happy with myself because as much as my physique is not what defines me, it can really bring me down. I am just fed up with it!

You know what else motivates me? The idea of being able to wear the cloth that I like. It is so hard to know what kind of style you like but being unable to pull it off because your body is just not fit enough. I want to walk into my favorite stores and not have to go to the plus size section. I want to be able to rock any style I want and not be limited to "whatever I can find in my size." As a girl who loves fashion, having to settle is very depressing.

But enough with that. The important part is that I am back at it! I am feeling good about my workout and my nutrition. I am already seeing differences and I just feel so happy and empowered. I know I can do this and by the end of this year I want to be proud of the work I've done.

I will probably keep you guys updated along the way with some before and after pictures. Be in the lookout for another beauty review soon.

Gabriela 
xx

1 comments:

  1. Whenever i buy new sneakers for the gym i want to just get out there and go for it ! Lulu lemon also does that for me too ! awesome post, love your blog :)

    missmajestic2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete