Top 5 products under $5!

Soooo....I haven't posted here in a while... *awkwardly says hi*

Today I wanted to show you my top products under $5 because it is so hard to navigate the drugstore aisles and know what products are worth trying. Behind the simple/cheap packaging you can find amazing products that can even reach holy grail status.


Wet n Wild color icon blushes ($2.99)
These are AMAZING. If you don't have them, go get them. NOW! The packaging on these is pretty cheap and simple, but the blushes themselves are SO pigmented and gorgeous on the skin. There are only four shades available and they are all so pretty. My favorite from the bunch is Mellow Wine, but they are all worth having. Definitely my favorite blushes (even more than my high-end ones).


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder ($3.97)
Can't live without this. This is the best drugstore powder. The packaging is ugly an inconvenient but the actual powder is very fine and doesn't cake-up my face when I set it with this product. From all the powders at the drugstore, this is for sure the one that keeps me matte for the longest time. I just wish the packaging was safer to keep on the go (the lid never stays on).


Wet n Wild megalast Nail Polishes ($1.99)
These are my favorite drugstore nail polishes. The brush is nice and big (photo here) and the formula is very easy to apply. Now, you definitely have to wear a base and top coat with these because the longest time they last without chipping is two days. I use the Sally Hansen Double Duty, btw. But yeah, these are great and really opaque. I can usually get away with just one coat (even though I usually do two).


elf Eyelid Primer ($1!)
This isn't a fancy product or a miracle worker, but it gets the job done. I have the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Lorac Behind the Scenes and I still reach for this one more. It doesn't do the best job at covering veins or redness, but it really keeps my eye shadows from creasing or fading and makes the colors pop. You can't beat its price!


Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains ($2.99)
These are a relatively new product from Jordana and I am very impressed. They feel really nice and moisturizing on the lips, the color payoff is pretty good (not quite sheer, but it isn't super opaque either, which i like), and they leave a nice stain behind once they start wearing off. They are comparable to the Revlon Just Bitten (but less drying and more affordable, of course).



I had to pick my top 5, but I thought I'd give a shout-out to some of the other products under $5 that I love: NYX HD concealer, Wet n Wild coloricon trios and 8-pan palettes and the Jordana Fabuliner.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post and if I you think I missed any of your favorites under $5, leave me a comment below. I'm always looking for new gems at the drugstore!

Gabriela xx

1 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try the blushes out, such pretty colors! :) The photos are really great!

    xx Katariina,
    High Heels, Low Jokes

    ReplyDelete