REVIEW: Olay Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser


Hello lovelies!
 I went on a little shopping trip to CVS and ended up buying the Olay Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away! Shine Minimizing Cleanser. I was running out of my Philosophy Purity and for the summer that was not really working (and it's quite expensive). In addition, using my CVS ExtraCare card I got a 20% off my purchase and two additional coupons that applied to the beauty products I ended up buying. The original price was $7.99, but I only paid about five dollars for this thanks to the coupons. 




I was a bit skeptical about this product because I've tried cleansers to reduce oil and shine and they all make my face feel dry and rough. However, this product really surprised me. The texture is like a very thick cream and it has a slightly pearly appearance. It doesn't have any overpowering fragrance, but it smells really fresh.
 As I was applying, it felt really soft and creamy but my hands started to feel a bit dry as I was washing off the product. In terms of my face, it really got rid of all the oil and impurities (much better than Purity), but it didn't feel like it completely stripped off my face like some cleansers do. I've also tried it with the Clarisonic Mia 2 and it works just as well (although I prefer not to use the Clarisonic every morning). 



Now, let's get onto the verdict. The claims Olay makes about this product on their website are the following:
"Add this cleanser to your morning regimen for a fresh and deep clean:
• Removes 2x more dirt, oil and makeup vs. basic cleansing
• Kaolin clay lifts away impurities and helps minimize shine
• Deep cleansing action for a fresher feel" 

And I would have to agree. The difference in easily noticeable. This is a deep cleansing product, it has helped me minimize shine and I didn't have to use a lot of product to get these results. Since I've started using this every morning, I rarely have to retouch my makeup or use blotting sheets throughout the day. 


For my combination skin and the current hot weather this is the perfect item to help me not look like a ball of oil halfway throughout the day. However, I get some dry patches on my cheeks when the weather cools down so I am not sure this is suitable to use all-year round unless you have really oily skin. 



Bottom line: Yes, I would repurchase this product and recommend it to anyone who tends to get shiny or oily mid-day. Just make sure you still tone and use a light moisturizer before applying makeup.

Rating: 9/10








0 comments:

Post a Comment